Journey of our Coffee
- Arabica Beans Start from Keezhanthoor in Idukki District – a beautiful and remote, high-range hamlet cocooned in the Western Ghats, one of the top biodiversity hotspots in the world.
- Keezhanthoor village in Kanthalloor Panchayat is part of Anchunad – a five-village expanse – that brings together Karayoor, Marayoor, Kottakudi, Kanthalloor and Keezhanthoor, all which are famous for their spices, coffee and aromatics.
- They are all forest villages that lie along Mannavan Shola forest which is part of the Anamudichola National Park, a protected area. Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary, one of the twelve protected wildlife sanctuaries of Kerala lies north of Kanthalloor Panchayat.
- Coffee is grown under different species of shade trees which helps coffee berries to mature and ripen slowly and to accumulate more nutrients which is reflected in its cup, which is full bodied and smooth.
- The coffee gardens in this region are diversified with various spices crops, fruit crops and medicinal plants which influence the coffee beans to acquire unique flavor in the cup.
- Coffee Processed Method : Washed in Eco pulpier , dried in African Type Elevated Net , hence uniform washing and drying ensured
- SCAA points 87+
- Certificates : Organic Certified.
- Coffee Awards : Fairtrade Recongitions at SCAE Ireland in 2016.
- The Cup exhibits sweetish aroma, medium acidity, good body, pleasant flavor and with hint of spice.
Kerala is the largest coffee producer in India, behind only Karnataka. Kerala contributes nearly 25% of India’s coffee production. Plantrich is one of the leading contributors of Kerala’s coffee production. Plantrich produces mainly two varieties of coffee: the sophisticated flavours of Arabica coffees and some of the finest Robusta coffees. Arabica coffee has a delicate flavor and aroma coupled with sweet taste. This variety has more beverage value because of its softer and sweeter taste and therefore fetches higher price in the market. Arabica Coffee needs more labour and care as compared to other varieties of coffee. Robusta is identifiable with its harsher and stronger taste, with a grainy essence and peanutty aftertaste. Plantrich offers stringent quality product at reasonable price.
|Washed Arabica||Unwashed Arabica||Washed Robusta||Unwashed Robusta|
|Plantation PB||Arabica Cherry PB||Robusta Parchment PB||Robusta Cherry PB|
|Plantation A||Arabica Cherry AB||Robusta Parchment AB||Robusta Cherry AB|
|Plantation B||Arabica Cherry C||Robusta Parchment C||Robusta Cherry C|
|Plantation Bulk||Arabica Cherry Bulk||Robusta Parchment Bulk||Robusta Cherry Bulk|